R Language for The Project Management Course — AUG University “part 1”
This is a series of articles to clarify a part of the project management course which is about R language.
Whats is R Language?
R is a programing language used for statistical computing and graph represention.
What are the uses of R?
- R is used in many fields like data science, machine learning, and data analysis.
What is the difference between R and excel?
- Complex things in excel can be easy in R
- R supports large datasets, unlike Excel, which is not suitable for processing large datasets.
- There is a charge for genuine Excel, unlike R, which is free and open-source.
Input in R:
First, the vector is a list of items that are of the same type. We combine them in c function, for instance, here we create a vector called data that combines numerical type.
data <- c(1,2,3,4,5)
Note: we can combine any type of data inside the c() function.
Read from Excel:
We use the “readxl” package to import excel files. After preparing your excel file and installing the readxl package, follow these steps:
- import the “readxl” package like this:
2. specify the sheet
input <- read_execl("E:/data/example.xlsx", col_names= True, sheet = "sheet1")
"E:/data/example.xlsx" is the path of the sheet
sheet = "sheet1" is the name of the sheet
col_names = Ture means use the first row as col_names.
You can see part 2 from Here.
See you in the next part;)